[NatureNS] BEES finding Wild Flowers blooming now with very WHITE POLLEN?

From: "Ian McKay" <ian@amimckay.com>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 12:21:14 -0300

------=_NextPart_000_0158_01CFC6A8.637E7130

We keep a few hives here in Scots Bay. Over the past week or so the bees =
have been returning with a very WHITE POLLEN. They are covered in it =
with a pronounced streak down their backs. This leads me to think that =
they are crawling into a tubular blossom of some sort. I haven=E2=80=99t =
been able to track it down in my wanderings and it may be a woodland =
flower as some are heading back into the woods. Any ideas as to what it =
could be, blooming Late August/Early Sept?

Thanks in advance,

Ian McKay
Scots Bay
------=_NextPart_000_0158_01CFC6A8.637E7130

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dus-ascii" =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type></HEAD>
<BODY=20
style=3D"WORD-WRAP: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; =
-webkit-line-break: after-white-space"=20
dir=3Dltr>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; COLOR: #000000">
<DIV>We keep a few hives here in Scots Bay. Over the past week or so the =
bees=20
have been returning with a very WHITE POLLEN. They are covered in it =
with a=20
pronounced streak down their backs. This leads me to think that they are =

crawling into a tubular blossom of some sort. I haven=E2=80=99t been =
able to track it=20
down in my wanderings and it may be a woodland flower as some are =
heading back=20
into the woods. Any ideas as to what it could be, blooming Late =
August/Early=20
Sept?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks in advance,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Ian McKay</DIV>
<DIV>Scots Bay </DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0158_01CFC6A8.637E7130--