[NatureNS] BEES finding Wild Flowers blooming now with very WHITE

Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2014 12:37:29 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: Phil Schappert <philjs@eastlink.ca>

At 12:21 PM -0300 9/2/14, Ian McKay wrote:
>We keep a few hives here in Scots Bay. Over the past week or so the
>bees have been returning with a very WHITE POLLEN. They are covered
>in it with a pronounced streak down their backs. This leads me to
>think that they are crawling into a tubular blossom of some sort. I
>haven???t been able to track it down in my wanderings and it may be
>a woodland flower as some are heading back into the woods. Any ideas
>as to what it could be, blooming Late August/Early Sept?

Jewelweed, aka Spotted Touch-Me-Not (Impatiens capensis)?

Phil

--

Phil Schappert, PhD

27 Clovis Ave.
Halifax, NS, B3P 1J3
902-460-8343 (cell)

philschappert.ca
imaginaturestudio.ca
imaginaturestudio.blogspot.ca
philschappert.com

"Just let imagination lead, reality will follow through..."
                                        (Michael Hedges)