[NatureNS] Darwin's - Origin of Species

Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2014 20:29:06 -0400
From: Fred Schueler <bckcdb@istar.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

&lt;DIV&gt;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; This is beating a dead horse but there is mo
Quoting David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>:

> ...Darwin's demonstrated ability to craft unambiguous, lucid  and
> readable prose: and that skill is beyond the reach of most. In his
> day (1809- 1882) things were more difficult than they are now.

* in his Autobiography, Darwin says that his rule for writing was to
get a first draft down as rapidly as possible, revise, send it around
for reviews (especially by his sister and his wife), revise, and then
revise extensively on the proofs.

this is good advice, and will improve anyone's writing,

fred.