[NatureNS] The Elusive Swainson's Thrush

From: "John Kearney" <john.kearney@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 20:33:37 -0300

Y29udGVudD0idGV4dC9odG1sOyB

------=_NextPart_000_0088_01CFD6A4.82536DC0

Thanks again to all who have contributed to this thread. There indeed =
seems to be a number of intriguing question about the behaviour of =
Swainson=E2=80=99s Thrushes. I very much appreciate your contribution, =
Lance, of the historical data from a variety of places. It adds much to =
this discussion and points to some possibly fruitful directions for =
inquiry. I would like to add one more point to your comments, namely, =
that I believe a network of acoustic monitoring stations across Nova =
Scotia would provide a wealth of information about the pattern of =
migration in Nova Scotia, both in general and for a very wide variety of =
species. I have taken the initial steps this year to establish such a =
network and I hope to obtain more support for this project in the =
future.

John

=20