[NatureNS] Hermit thrushes today

Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2014 17:45:17 -0300
From: <plchalmers@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Cc: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>

I walked around the Frog Pond at Fleming Park in HRM today at mid-day.  I flushed a pair of thrushes which were eating the berries on the Mountain Holly bushes (Nemopanthus mucronata).  They were very furtive, and I watched for about 15 minutes before I saw them well enough to be sure they were Hermit Thrushes; after the recent posts, I have been watching for Swainson's.

Patricia L. Chalmers
Halifax