[NatureNS] White-breasted nuthatch

Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2014 11:44:54 -0300
From: Rick Ballard <ideaphore@gmail.com>
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--089e011768ff0d8fb30504d63e24

I have a few RB Nuthatches ( maybe 4 ? ) year round at my cottage Port
Hilford, Guysborough Co, and generally 1 or 2 WB Nuthatches coming to the
feeders. Haven't noticed a decline.

--
Rick Ballard
Dartmouth,Nova Scotia, Canada

--089e011768ff0d8fb30504d63e24

serif">I have a few RB Nuthatches ( maybe 4 ? ) year round at my cottage Po=
rt Hilford, Guysborough Co, and generally 1 or 2 WB Nuthatches coming to th=
e feeders. Haven&#39;t noticed a decline.</div><div class=3D"gmail_extra"><=
br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 10:41 AM, John and Nhu=
ng <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:nhungjohn@eastlink.ca" target=3D=
=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padd=
ing-left:1ex"><div lang=3D"EN-CA" link=3D"blue" vlink=3D"purple"><div><p cl=
ass=3D"MsoNormal">This fine morning, about 8:30, as the Boss and I were app=
roaching the car on Wyman road south of Yarmouth, to take he to the shop, I=
 head a different call, which made me suspect nuthatch, but not red-breaste=
d.=C2=A0 I kept looking up at the big pine about ten feet to my southeast a=
nd the little guy showed himself cavorting around the trunk.=C2=A0 First wh=
ite-breasted nuthatch I have seen down here for over fifty years.=C2=A0 On =
considerably more occasional visits on the Hamilton road, which runs betwee=
n Pleasant Valley and Raynardton, I have seen these guys two or three times=
ent decades, red-breasted nuthatches have been fairly common in our neighbo=
urhood.=C2=A0 I have neither seen nor heard any this summer, and cannot rec=
all any reports from anyone of sightings.=C2=A0 Wonder how those little guy=
serif">Rick Ballard </span><br style=3D"font-family:georgia,serif"><span st=
yle=3D"font-family:georgia,serif">Dartmouth,Nova Scotia, Canada </span><br =
style=3D"font-family:georgia,serif"><span style=3D"font-family:georgia,seri=
f"></span>

--089e011768ff0d8fb30504d63e24--