[NatureNS] Star night (BNS, VFF and Minas Astronomy Group)

From: James Churchill <jameslchurchill@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 09:05:23 -0300
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Cc: Roy Bishop <rlb@eastlink.ca>,

--047d7b33cadcda1b8c05054cb7e5

Perfect observing conditions last night in Grand Pre, and despite
rescheduling the event, we had a huge group make it out - maybe 60? About a
dozen kids, lots of amazing telescopes and a tour of planets, star clusters
and galaxies. Highlights were good views of Neptune and a pass of the
International Space Station. Personal highlight was that my five-year-old
daughter saw her first shooting stars "daddy, I didn't know it was going to
look like this, I'm really having a good time!". Many thanks to Roy Bishop,
Sherman Williams, Larry Bogan, David Duke and others for sharing their
time, equipment and expertise.

Hopefully others can post some details and pictures either here or on our
new BNS Facebook Group ("Blomidon Naturalists Society"):

http://on.fb.me/1swFshT

cheers,
James

--
James Churchill
Kentville, Nova Scotia

--047d7b33cadcda1b8c05054cb7e5

ica,Arial,&#39;lucida grande&#39;,tahoma,verdana,arial,sans-serif;font-size=
:14px;line-height:19.3199996948242px">Perfect observing conditions last nig=
ht in Grand Pre, and despite rescheduling the event, we had a huge group ma=
ke it out - maybe 60? About a dozen kids, lots of amazing telescopes and a =
tour of planets, star clusters and galaxies. Highlights were good views of =
Neptune and a pass of the International Space Station. Personal highlight w=
as that my five-year-old daughter saw her first shooting stars &quot;daddy,=
 I didn&#39;t know it was going to look like this, I&#39;m really having a =
good time!&quot;. Many thanks to Roy Bishop, Sherman Williams, Larry Bogan,=
 David Duke and others for sharing their time, equipment and expertise.</sp=
 pictures either here or on our new BNS Facebook Group (&quot;Blomidon Natu=
James Churchill<br>Kentville, Nova Scotia<br><a href=3D"mailto:jameslchurch=
ill@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">jameslchurchill@gmail.com</a><br>(902) 681=

--047d7b33cadcda1b8c05054cb7e5--