[NatureNS] Re: Monarch last releases

Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 17:33:45 -0300
From: Larry Bogan <larry@bogan.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Nancy,
 Yes, you can include our activities in your column.  We have been tagging Monarchs for three years (25 per year) now but have not had any tags found. The results for 2014 will not be know until next year.

Regards,
Larry

////// === ///////
Larry Bogan
Brooklyn Corner, Nova Scotia
<larry@bogan.ca>

On Tue, 21 Oct 2014 15:11:03 -0400
N Robinson <nrobbyn@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Larry,
>
> I write a small column for the Trading Post, a newsletter sent out with the
> flyers in Yarmouth, Shelburne and Digby counties.  I would like to mention
> your work with the Monarchs in this week's column.
>
> I am wondering if you have been able to trace the ones you have tagged?
>
> Nancy Robinson
> Environmentally Yours
>

> On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 2:28 PM, Larry Bogan <larry@bogan.ca> wrote:
>
> > Today we released two female Monach butterflies which were from the last
> > of the chysalises we had from our in-house rearings.
> >
> > All total we raised and released 71 Monarch this year. One of our better
> > years. Hopefully, this will help a little with recovery of the migration.
> > Next year, we may see more people raising them, since through the publicity
> > about them this year, we have had many people get milkweed from us to start
> > their own plots in the hope of attracting the species next year.
> >
> > Larry

> > Larry Bogan
> > Brooklyn Corner, Nova Scotia
> > <larry@bogan.ca>