[NatureNS] Rusty Blackbird Spring Migration Blitz updates

From: Kate Steele <katefsteele@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 20:23:16 -0300
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--001a1134eefea804930506ac2c1a

Hi everyone,

I recently received an email update from the international coordinator for
the Rusty Blackbird Spring Migration Blitz, Judith Scarl. They are looking
forward to next year's Blitz and are encouraging eBird reports of Rusty
Blackbird sightings during fall migration. She also included the slides
from her presentation on the 2014 Blitz at the AOU meetings in Colorado
this September, which demonstrated the migration of Rusty Blackbirds in
two-week intervals. I found it very interesting to see the timing of
migration (which seemed a bit behind this year, to me) as well as the
distribution of Rusty Blackbirds (and/or data collection). She also
included maps showing locations where flocks of 90+ Rusty Blackbirds were
reported during the Blitz. This is significant, from what I understand, as
it is a criterion for a location to be considered as an Important Bird Area
for Rusty Blackbird migration. I haven't attached the file to this email as
I'm not sure if that can be done on NatureNS and also it is quite large. If
anyone is interested, however, please send me an email off the listserv and
I would be happy to pass it along - katefsteele@gmail.com

Thanks again to those who participated this year, and I hope you will do so
again in 2015.

Kate

--001a1134eefea804930506ac2c1a

 email update from the international coordinator for the Rusty Blackbird Sp=
ring Migration Blitz, Judith Scarl. They are looking forward to next year&#=
39;s Blitz and are encouraging eBird reports of Rusty Blackbird sightings d=
uring fall migration. She also included the slides from her presentation on=
 the 2014 Blitz at the AOU meetings in Colorado this September, which demon=
strated the migration of Rusty Blackbirds in two-week intervals. I found it=
 very interesting to see the timing of migration (which seemed a bit behind=
 this year, to me) as well as the distribution of Rusty Blackbirds (and/or =
data collection). She also included maps showing locations where flocks of =
90+ Rusty Blackbirds were reported during the Blitz. This is significant, f=
rom what I understand, as it is a criterion for a location to be considered=
 as an Important Bird Area for Rusty Blackbird migration. I haven&#39;t att=
ached the file to this email as I&#39;m not sure if that can be done on Nat=
ureNS and also it is quite large. If anyone is interested, however, please =
send me an email off the listserv and I would be happy to pass it along - <=
a href=3D"mailto:katefsteele@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">katefsteele@gmail=

--001a1134eefea804930506ac2c1a--