[NatureNS] Purported SW NS Eastern Cougar Photo

From: David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 21:26:52 -0400

span id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1416160253019_3287"&gt;&amp;nbsp;the avoiding dan

------=_NextPart_000_1D00_01D002AD.34A46090

Hi Jamie & All,
    With respect to virtually all topics a well tuned BS detector helps =
to filter out noise but tuned is the key word.=20
    These devices can quickly become very selective windows to the world =
if they are tuned to accept information that substantiates previous =
conclusions and consequently tuned to reject information that challenges =
previous conclusions; conclusion based evidence building.
    Objective tuning of a BS detector is more difficult than it appears =
to be.=20

    Turning back to the subject of Eastern Cougars, I once saw a =
statement (not sure where but in some serious study) to the effect that =
any Cougars that may be seen in Eastern Canada can not be Eastern =
Cougars because "...the last Eastern Cougar was shot in 1948."  This =
quote, being the type of information that can not be known,  puts my BS =
detector into hyper-overdrive.

Yt, Dave Webster, Kentville
  ----- Original Message -----=20