[NatureNS] American Coots and Ring-necked Ducks - First Lake

From: David Hughes <dghughes@bellaliant.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2014 19:23:20 -0400
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

There were 7 Coots near the rink and bingo hall and approximately 50 Ring-necked Ducks at the Sucker Brook end of the lake.

In our yard, we have had lots of birds including 4 Ring-necked Pheasants (2 male and female), Red-breasted and White-breasted Nuthatches and Brown Creeper.

We have a Common Grackle with a drooping right wing that looks like it might be broken. I tried to catch it today, but it moved to "safety" in the green belt behind our house .

David, Lower Sackville

Sent from my iPad