[NatureNS] Savannah Sparrow and Wolfville

From: Christopher <cpetershfx@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2014 21:58:14 -0400
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Everyone,

I think I heard and saw a Savannah Sparrow today in Wolfville (Nov 23rd).   This bird was near the dykes at the Wolfville Rail Trail. (East Section)

According to Ian McLaren’s book “All the Birds of NS” Savannah Sparrows depart before October, although some winter, especially on the Atlantic Coast and in the Valley.

Has anyone seen or heard Savannah Sparrows lately?  How about at the location I’m referring to?

Chris Peters