[NatureNS] Savannah Sparrow and Wolfville

Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2014 22:22:49 -0400
From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--047d7b3a81929601710508917893

There are plenty of Savannah sparrows around in open areas in the Valley at
least till the snow covers the ground,  and then they tend to disappear.
Like many species here in winter,  they are likely more northerly birds
that displace the local ones.

Richard Stern
Sternrichard@gmail.com
Sent from my Android device
On Nov 23, 2014 10:01 PM, "Christopher" <cpetershfx@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I think I heard and saw a Savannah Sparrow today in Wolfville (Nov 23rd).
>  This bird was near the dykes at the Wolfville Rail Trail. (East Section)
>
> According to Ian McLaren=E2=80=99s book =E2=80=9CAll the Birds of NS=E2=
=80=9D Savannah Sparrows
> depart before October, although some winter, especially on the Atlantic
> Coast and in the Valley.
>
> Has anyone seen or heard Savannah Sparrows lately?  How about at the
> location I=E2=80=99m referring to?
>
> Chris Peters

--047d7b3a81929601710508917893

n the Valley at least till the snow covers the ground,=C2=A0 and then they =
tend to disappear. Like many species here in winter,=C2=A0 they are likely =
more northerly birds that displace the local ones. </p>
Sternrichard@gmail.com<br>
Sent from my Android device </p>
; &lt;cpetershfx@hotmail.com&=
gt; wrote:<br type=3D"attribution"><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=
=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Hi Every=
one,<br>
I think I heard and saw a Savannah Sparrow today in Wolfville (Nov 23rd).=
=C2=A0 =C2=A0This bird was near the dykes at the Wolfville Rail Trail. (Eas=
t Section)<br>
According to Ian McLaren=E2=80=99s book =E2=80=9CAll the Birds of NS=E2=80=
=9D Savannah Sparrows depart before October, although some winter, especial=
ly on the Atlantic Coast and in the Valley.<br>
Has anyone seen or heard Savannah Sparrows lately?=C2=A0 How about at the l=
ocation I=E2=80=99m referring to?<br>
Chris Peters<br>

--047d7b3a81929601710508917893--