[NatureNS] Tough Tick!

From: "Hebda, Andrew J" <Andrew.Hebda@novascotia.ca>
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2014 20:20:27 +0000

Hi Jamie.

Once attached, they usually stay feed for about 72 hrs, then drop off, to lay eggs.

We are still getting engorged ticks at the Museum.. a bunch this week.   They will stay active through the winter... have had submissions from every month through the winter for the last 2 years... this year looks no different (mostly Black-legged (Deer) ticks.

Andrew

A Hebda
NSM Zoology