[NatureNS] Tough Tick!

Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 09:44:48 -0400
From: Shouty McShoutsalot <desolatechair@gmail.com>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--089e0103e4ce08be400508d759c4

Thanks Andrew.  I guess I'll be a little more vigilant in what I thought
was the off season.
On Nov 27, 2014 12:44 AM, "Hebda, Andrew J" <Andrew.Hebda@novascotia.ca>
wrote:

> Hi Jamie.
>
> Once attached, they usually stay feed for about 72 hrs, then drop off, to
> lay eggs.
>
> We are still getting engorged ticks at the Museum.. a bunch this week.
>  They will stay active through the winter... have had submissions from
> every month through the winter for the last 2 years... this year looks no
> different (mostly Black-legged (Deer) ticks.
>
> Andrew
>
> A Hebda
> NSM Zoology

ant in what I thought was the off season.</p>
quot; &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:Andrew.Hebda@novascotia.ca">Andrew.Hebda@novasc=
otia.ca</a>&gt; wrote:<br type=3D"attribution"><blockquote class=3D"gmail_q=
uote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1e=
x"><br>
Hi Jamie.<br>
Once attached, they usually stay feed for about 72 hrs, then drop off, to l=
ay eggs.<br>
We are still getting engorged ticks at the Museum.. a bunch this week.=C2=
=A0 =C2=A0They will stay active through the winter... have had submissions =
from every month through the winter for the last 2 years... this year looks=
 no different (mostly Black-legged (Deer) ticks.<br>
Andrew<br>
A Hebda<br>
NSM Zoology<br>
From: <a href=3D"mailto:naturens-owner@chebucto.ns.ca">naturens-owner@chebu=