[NatureNS] Fw: Glaucous Gull, Iceland Gulls,

From: Hans Toom <htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2014 13:23:51 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0036_01D00FC5.8B2D2530

----- Original Message -----=20
From: Hans Toom=20
To: NS-RBA=20
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2014 1:23 PM
Subject: Glaucous Gull, Iceland Gulls, Great Blue Heron and Purple =
Sandpipers

I was sitting on my favourite rock overlooking Duncan Reef while =
enjoying the relative comfort of a westerly wind and some welcome =
sunshine. I was looking, unsuccessfully, for Purple Sandpipers on Duncan =
Reef. I put my binoculars down and sure enough there they were(3), =
almost literally at my feet, on the mainland. There were lots of Iceland =
Gulls swimming and flying around the reef and towards Jeffries Island.

Sandy Cove was quiet, except for hordes of Starlings, but I did see a =
Semipalmated Sandpiper here last Tuesday.