[NatureNS] Birds - The Guzzle (Grand Pre) on Jan 21st

From: Christopher <cpetershfx@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 19:51:33 -0400
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Everyone,

I was happy to see a significant flock of birds near The Guzzle today.   This flock had approximately 120 birds.

This flock contained the following three species:

- Lapland Longspur
- Snow Bunting
- Horned Lark

These birds were found in the corn fields south of what people refer to as The Guzzle.   The birds can be difficult to see.  The farmer’s leave a portion of the corn stalk in the ground and the birds were hidden at times.  Easy to hear though.  I hope more birders get out there and report their findings on E-bird.

Chris Peters