Angels: Re: [NatureNS] Semi-palmated Haldane

From: David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 15:24:41 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephen Shaw" <srshaw@Dal.Ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2015 10:08 PM
Subject: [NatureNS] Semi-palmated Haldane

>The second is that there is no believable material evidence that anyone has
>ever recorded an angel (no photos or reproducible videos), so you can
>propose any modern explanation you like for the phenomenon, metaphysical or
>whatever -- no restraint is imposed by verifiable material details.
Hi Steve & All,                                    Jan 28, 2015
    Sorry: no photograph but some years ago we saw an optical effect that
could have been imagined to have been two angels, pasted below.

START OF PASTE\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Hi Patrick & All,        Oct 2, 2004
    This talk of rainbows reminds me of an interesting variant of the
circular rainbows, with the plane's shadow in the middle, that one
sometimes sees when flying over clouds.

    While climbing in steep hills (California, ~1963) we had just broken
through low-lying fog as we got to a summit and the sun behind cast our
shadows on a fog bank that loomed in front (behind the summit). Each
fuzzy shadow had a glowing halo around the head, as viewed by the
shadow's author, and this made me wonder if the sighting of angels by
shepherds had a similar basis.

Yours truly, Dave Webster, Kentville

DW