[NatureNS] Nova Scotia Sunday Hunting survey

Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 12:46:15 -0400
From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

DISPLAY:
--089e0160bde0255287050f3753b1

I hunt all the time. I go out into the woods with a long,  thin expensive
piece of equipment that took years to master,  point it at an animal or
bird,  squeeze the trigger,  and if I'm careful and lucky I can bring home
a trophy that I can then prepare properly,  using techniques that also took
years to perfect. I can then show the trophy to people all over the world
if they want to look at it. Furthermore,  I have never had to do this,  but
if I'm really good,  I can sell multiple copies of the trophy to buy food,
even deer meat if I liked it. My particular hinting equipment is a Nikon
D7100 with a Tamron 150-600 lens,  it has almost no risk of killing or
injuring anyone,  doesn't make a loud bang,  and I think all hunters should
use this or something similar.

Richard Stern
Sternrichard@gmail.com
Sent from my Android device
On Feb 16, 2015 12:13 PM, "David Currie" <david_currie@ns.sympatico.ca>
wrote:

>   Hi all
>
> I=E2=80=99m not exactly 100% on board with Darrell except that I=E2=80=99=
m against it as
> well.  I absolutely agree too that as a hiker, I rarely come across a
> hunter in the woods but not because I=E2=80=99m non-existent. When I see =
> truck/car parked next to my favourite trail during deer hunting season, I
> know better than to go in there. (I=E2=80=99m not worried I=E2=80=99ll sc=
are a deer, I=E2=80=99m
> afraid I=E2=80=99ll get shot). Many deer hunters I know look forward to t=
aking a
> week off during hunting season to sit in/near their apple laden deer stan=
ds
> enjoying the peace and quiet of the woods in hope that a buck comes along=
.
> As a hiker, I have never been able to take a week off to hike given that =
my
> passion could be equally as strong as the hunting passion. Do I pay a fee
> to hike, no, but I=E2=80=99m not harvesting animals that I have an equal =
right to
> be able to observe without harming. I do not feel I should have to dress
> grandchildren in hunter orange with another one for the dog to go back to
> the camp on Sunday?  I=E2=80=99m not sure that I can explain that as we t=
ry to get
> our children reconnected with our wonderful provincial outdoors.
>
> I know that the hunting community does great things with the revenue
> generated from this activity but I also feel that there should be some
> fairness with regard to the use of the woodlands so considering hunters
> would get 26 potential days of hunting in  a four week period and
> non-hunters would get 4 during that time, it seems unbalanced as it is le=
> alone lifting the ban on Sunday hunting.
>
> Dave

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

> On Mon, 16 Feb 2015 09:50:09 -0400, Keith Lowe <mythos25@live.com> wrote:
>
>  I=E2=80=99m shocked the Nova Scotia government is even considering allow=
ing
> hunting on Sundays. If you don=E2=80=99t want to lose both weekend days f=
or
> wintertime recreation in the woods, please take a moment to answer these =
3
> questions.
>

> http://novascotia.fluidsurveys.com/surveys/OSR/sunday-hunting/
>

> Keith Lowe
>

> Halifax

--089e0160bde0255287050f3753b1

=A0 thin expensive piece of equipment that took years to master,=C2=A0 poin=
t it at an animal or bird,=C2=A0 squeeze the trigger,=C2=A0 and if I&#39;m =
careful and lucky I can bring home a trophy that I can then prepare properl=
y,=C2=A0 using techniques that also took years to perfect. I can then show =
the trophy to people all over the world if they want to look at it. Further=
more,=C2=A0 I have never had to do this,=C2=A0 but if I&#39;m really good,=
=C2=A0 I can sell multiple copies of the trophy to buy food,=C2=A0 even dee=
r meat if I liked it. My particular hinting equipment is a Nikon D7100 with=
 a Tamron 150-600 lens,=C2=A0 it has almost no risk of killing or injuring =
anyone,=C2=A0 doesn&#39;t make a loud bang,=C2=A0 and I think all hunters s=
hould use this or something similar. </p>
Sternrichard@gmail.com<br>
Sent from my Android device </p>
t; &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:david_currie@ns.sympatico.ca">david_currie@ns.symp=
atico.ca</a>&gt; wrote:<br type=3D"attribution"><blockquote class=3D"gmail_=
quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1=
ex">

<