[NatureNS] Nova Scotia Sunday Hunting survey

From: John and Nhung <nhungjohn@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 05:36:27 -0400

  No virus found in this message

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01D04B3C.D79A02A0

I have yet to form an opinion on Sunday hunting, but do feel that different=
 users of a chunk of turf have to work together to reach mutually acceptabl=
e arrangements.  Civilized, mutually-respectful face-to-face conversations =
between/among users with conflicting needs should be the way to go, there, =
with all finger-pointing verboten.

Otherwise, I fully agree with the merit in culling and using species when t=
hey are over-abundant.  There are too many white-tailed deer in too much of=
 the province.  Ditto for Canada geese, grey seals, porcupines, raccoons, c=
hain pickerel, and smallmouth bass.  They are reaching pest levels in many =
places and otherwise, likely having undesirable effects on ecosystems.

We need to develop more catholic tastes in what we are willing to eat.

Otherwise, wonder how many deer starved or are starving to death this winte=
r=E2=80=A6