[NatureNS] Nova Scotia Sunday Hunting survey

From: David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 15:54:27 -0400

/b&gt;&lt;span lang=3DEN-US
Hi Rick & All,
    Both of those fatal accidents in Kings County involved non-hunters but I
think the orchard accident in common with the rail accident were in very
poor light conditions. In the end people must learn to be sure before they
shoot.
    Time relative to sunrise and sunset is a crude measure because much
depends upon cloud cover and ground fog. So it is always prudent to use a
light when nearing out after dark. An experienced hunter would not shoot a
person on the chance that it might be something else. Hunter-safety courses;
a fairly recent development, probably help.
    But true enough, Tony's statement is in need of qualification; perhaps
cut out to fit the space.
YT, DW.