Just condition: e: [NatureNS] Nova Scotia Sunday Hunting survey

From: David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 21:53:22 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_022C_01D04BC5.504DA250

Hi Ian & All,                                        Feb 18, 2015
    Having thought about this a bit, I think legalization of Sunday =
hunting for big game is just.=20

    Give or take a few, there are 52 Sundays in a year of which about 6 =
fall in the big game season (someone may be able to provide more exact =
numbers).

    Those who must work Monday to Saturday inclusive AND don't wish to =
enter woods on legal big game hunting days have about 46 Sundays to do =
so.=20

    But in contrast, those who must work Monday to Saturday inclusive =
AND wish to hunt big game either have to hunt illegally on only 6 =
Sundays or not hunt.

    Therefore I think it only just that hunting of big game on Sunday be =
legalized. Non-hunters who must work Monday to Saturday inclusive would =
on the other hand have a valid case if the numbers were reversed; 6 =
Sundays without hunting and 46 Sundays with hunting.

    And furthermore it is relevant that non-hunters can legally enter =
woods on hunting days. Not entering is their choice and not an enforced =
restriction.

QED
DW, Kentville
----- Original Message -----=20