[NatureNS] Resend of more on Birds and Coffee

From: "John Kearney" <john.kearney@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Cc: "Jeff Moore" <jeff@justuscoffee.com>,
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 15:09:11 -0300

------=_NextPart_000_0032_01D067D6.D141D840

Thank you Jeff for addressing this issue to NatureNS and thanks to Jim for
contacting you. I've copied below the full conversation in this forum on
certified, bird-friendly coffee.

As the co-founder of Just Us!, you would understand that the consumer cannot
be certain that a product is truly fair trade or truly forest-grown,
bird-friendly unless it is certified "fair trade" or certified
"bird-friendly".  Just Us! played a key leadership role, not only in
bringing certified fair trade, organic coffee to the Canadian consumer but
also in ensuring that the standards governing certified fair trade coffee
remained robust and transparent. It is my hope that you can play the same
role in bringing triple certified, fair trade, organic, and bird-friendly
coffee to Nova Scotians with the same robust and transparent standards. The
dire situation of many of our neo-tropical birds makes this an urgent
matter.

All the best,

John