[NatureNS] Birds in White Point, Queens

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 12:10:08 -0300

It is pure musical magic about the yard today. Snow is melting quickly and
everyone is celebrating!
We have the regulars: Song, White Throat and now a Fox sparrow. Everyone is
singing. Robins came in enmasse, a Red-winged Blackbird is holding forth
both in the swamp and here in out tall trees. There are Mourning doves
bathing in the puddles with the Starlings and Blue Jays. Many Juncos and
Chickadees. The mall Sharpie female has been a regular visitor. I don't know
what she is surviving on but she keeps trying. Hairy and Downy Woodpeckers
are here. I see a lot of bird movement at the shore but sorry I cannot id
them, except to say there is a big hawk, a number of Gulls and Ducks. No
sign of the Bald Eagles for at least 10 days. I did see a nice string of
geese moving to the eastward, yesterday about 4:30 PM .
Best regards, Marg Millard

Marg Millard
19 White Point 2 Rd.,
White Point, Queens Co.,