[NatureNS] problems with posting?

From: bev wigney <bkwigney@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 10:44:21 -0400
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

Thanks everyone!  It seems that most of you received my email posts from earlier this morning, but a few did not.  I noticed that the problem seemed to start after I unsubscribed and then resubscribed to the list after spending the winter in Arizona.  Must be some kind of glitch and may right itself in time.  Ian Manning sent me the link to the NatureNS archive page so that I can see if my posts are going through, so I will just check there if this happens again.

Anyhow, I am almost back to Nova Scotia after spending an interesting winter living in an off-the-grid cabin out on the Chihuahuan desert between the Mule, Swisshelm and Chiricahua mountain ranges - about 5 miles north of the border with Mexico (the Sky Islands Region).  Lots of Sandhill Cranes, Roadrunners, Hawks, Ravens, and Owls, and many Coyote, Deer,  Black-tailed Jackrabbits, Javelina, Packrats and Kangaroo Rats.  As you might imagine, there is a lot of predator activity.   It's a harsh but beautiful environment.

I will be back a Round Hill in a few days.  Earlier this winter, I posted a note wondering if there remains a naturalist group in Annapolis Royal, but it seems that it is no more.  I may try to get something going in the area this summer, if even just an occasional informal walk to go out botanizing and looking for insects, fungi, etc.. I'll post something about that if I decide to give it a try.

Bev Wigney
Round Hill, NS

Sent from my iPad