[NatureNS] book loan request: Downie and Arnett's Beetle's ofNE NA

From: nancy dowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 04:11:58 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

If all else fails, perhaps the owning institution may copy or scan the section of the book you are interested in (aquatic beetles) and send it to you- a question for the St FX university librarians. In the public library system we have gotten copied portions of non-lendable reference materials for patrons.

Doing a search online brings up several sites such as google books: http://books.google.ca/books/about/The_Beetles_of_Northeastern_North_Americ.html?id=A8y5QgAACAAJ&redir_esc=y which may or may not allow you to download the text. Many out-of-print books have been scanned and are available as PDF files. Another thing the librarians would be able to find out for you.

Of course, a complete print copy in hand is probably of most use to you.

Nancy