[NatureNS] vultures

From: Donna Crossland <dcrossland@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 21:54:57 -0300

The turkey vultures over-wintered in Tupperville-Centrelea-Bridgetown area.
It was surprising, given the remarkably brutal winter.  Someone was feeding
them regularly along hwy 201 in Centrelea.  It seems we've nearly 'cornered
the market' on them.  Kings County may have its eagles, but we have the
majestic vulture... hmmm.  The owner of the new butcher shop in Bridgetown
(near the RCMP station and Tim Horton's) had to 'shooh' the vultures away
from one of his buildings last winter. They were intent on going inside!  I
suppose the lure was irresistible.  (The new butcher shop is wonderful, by
the way, with a focus on selling many local products!)

Donna Crossland