[NatureNS] 5 Tree Swallows - Somerset NS

Date: Sat, 2 May 2015 14:22:35 -0300
From: James Churchill <jameslchurchill@gmail.com>
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--f46d04426bbc2330e005151c935d

Thanks Ron and great to have you with us!
Agreed is was great to see a good crowd of all ages interested in helping
out with the project!

To recap, today at Miner's Marsh during the BNS/YNC Tree Swallow Nest Box
Monitoring workshop we saw 3 *Tree Swallows* (one sitting on a box!), a *Barred
Ow*l which was seen by dozens of people (perched very close to the marsh
edge) and 16 *Painted Turtles* basking.

Last night around 5:00pm there was a flock of 19 *Tree Swallows* foraging
over the Kentvile bridge (silver link bridge).

cheers,
James

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile.

--f46d04426bbc2330e005151c935d

Thanks Ron and great to have you with us!=A0<div>Agreed is was great to see=
 a good crowd of all ages interested in helping out with=A0the project!</di=
the BNS/YNC=A0Tree Swallow Nest Box Monitoring workshop we saw 3 <b>Tree Sw=
 dozens of people (perched very close to the marsh edge)=A0and 16 <b>Painte=
 there was a flock of 19 <b>Tree Swallows</b> foraging over the Kentvile br=
123@gmail.com">solidago123@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br><blockquote class=3D=
"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding=
-left:1ex"><div dir=3D"ltr">I just returned home from James Churchill&#39;s=
 wonderful Tree Swallow nesting box workshop at Miners Marsh to find 5 Tree=
 Swallows flying around my yard and checking out my 2 nest boxes. These are=
 the plight of returning Tree Swallows has lifted.=A0</div><div>My hope is =
that 2 of these birds were the ones that appeared here on April 14th.</div>=