[NatureNS] Chimney swifts back + bl th green warbler

From: Ken McKenna <kenmcken@eastlink.ca>
Date: Mon, 04 May 2015 22:13:06 -0300
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

Hi all
Beautiful evening here in New Glasgow with 19C , clear skies and calm when I checked for Chimney Swifts at the old school on Temperance St. Shortly after I arrived at 20:09, I noted a small grouping of 7 flying around.  They made 2 or 3 appearances before they entered the chimney at 20:22-20:26.
I suspect this was the first night they were there but I had not checked earlier.  I spoke with a neighbour of the school who had not seen tiny while sitting out on his veranda the previous night
I heard a singing Black-throated Green Warbler in McLellans brook in the morning. I still have at least 1 redpoll and 4 Tree Sparrows at my yard feeders in Plymouth. There have been 3 bright Savannah Sparrows under my feeder from yesterday to this evening.

Cheers
Ken McKenna

Sent from my iPad