[NatureNS] North American Migration Count

Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 10:46:17 -0300
From: "George E. Forsyth" <g4syth@nspes.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

This message is in MIME format.

--=_Ah9avhMTYqtDi_puHcM0Ow3

  Hi All,

I had a great morning on the Migration Count. I walked about four and a
half kilometers in Lockhart Ryan Park and to the Cornwallis River by
Hostess Foods, in New Minas, Kings Co.

1 catbird
39 yellow rumped warblers
13 black and white warblers
1 palm warbler
1 parula warbler
2 blue headed vireo

I had 27 species, and 239 individuals. Starlings were represented by 48
birds and yellow rumped warblers 39 birds!

The warblers were moving through the trees along the River and were
literally dripping from the trees!

Cheers, George Forsyth

Quoting Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>:

> I did the North Mountain around Baxter's and Hall's Harbor today. Had a
> good day with 34 species. Warblers were Y-rumped, B-T Green, Black -and
> -White and N.Parula. Other highlights were a White-crowned sparrow at a
> feeder, and a Barred owl staring silently at me in woods on Brow Mtn,
> Road. And I got attacked by a Ruffed grouse.
>
> Richard
>
>    On Sat, May 9, 2015 at 8:09 PM, Don MacNeill
> <donmacneill@bellaliant.net> wrote:
>
>> Carol and I did our route today from Sober Island to Smiths
>> Settlement.  It was a beautiful day, cloudy at first and then sunny.
>> Winds were light.  We hardly ever get warblers at this time of year but
>> we did get one Magnolia as well as some Yellow-rumps.  The nicest bird
>> was a Horned Grebe in breeding plumage.  The yellow patch on its face
>> was brilliant.  Tree Swallows and Common Grackles had moved up that far
>> as well as some Belted Kingfishers and Least Sandpipers.  We had a
>> great day.
>>
>> Don
>>
>>       --
>> Don MacNeill donmacneill@bellaliant.net
>
> --
>    #################
> Dr.R.B.Stern,
> P.O. Box 300,
> Port Williams,
> N.S., Canada,
> B0P 1T0
> Richard Stern,
> Port Williams, NS, Canada
> sternrichard@gmail.com
> ###################

--=_Ah9avhMTYqtDi_puHcM0Ow3

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/loose.dtd">
<head>
<title></title>
</head>
I had a great morning on the Migration Count. I walked about four and a half kilometers in Lockhart Ryan Park and to the Cornwallis River by Hostess Foods, in New Minas, Kings Co.<br>
1 catbird<br>
39 yellow rumped warblers<br>
13 black and white warblers<br>
1 palm warbler<br>
1 parula warbler<br>
2 blue headed vireo<br>
I had 27 species, and 239 individuals. Starlings were represented by 48 birds and yellow rumped warblers 39 birds!<br>
The warblers were moving through the trees along the River and were literally dripping from the trees!<br>
Cheers, George Forsyth<br>
Quoting Richard Stern &lt;sternrichard@gmail.com&gt;:</p>
&nbsp;</div>
Richard</div>