[NatureNS] Pine elfins

From: Angus MacLean <cold_mac@hotmail.com>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 12:32:52 -0200

--_24c1a29f-c5be-4e60-b59d-aad620cc1ef1_

Hi Ken:
I probably don't have any useful hints to offer. I have always found them o=
n the ground or flying low over disturbed ground. Whenever I walk on trails=
 through wooded area (not solely pine)=2C I look for them on the trail. Onc=
e they fly it's impossible to find them. However lately I have encountered =
them in open areas 50-100m from the wooded area. Since I'm usually looking =
for insects on the ground=2C it easier to note them.=20

However once I found two in our gardens!!  (on Ninebark as I recall). So th=
at would be quite a bit later.
Angus