[NatureNS] complaint from one Valley birder,

Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 08:24:38 -0300
From: Bob Lindsay <rhlindsay@accesswave.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--Boundary_(ID_tinfzjb379aFCFYkew5HWw)

Recently I searched for "Myra Road" on Google maps, and found only one,
which is the one I've been acquainted as far back as a quarter-century
ago when took my Scout Troop hiking and camping there. There isn't even
a road of that name in Cape Breton associated with Mira River.

Myra Road goes north from Hwy. #7 (not the 107) and roughly follows the
western side of Porter's Lake, east of Dartmouth. The beginning is on
your left as you approach the community of Porter's Lake from the west.

Before you reach the end of Myra Road, you can see an entry point for
the Crowbar Lake Trail System on your left. But what is perhaps more
intriguing is the woodland trek that I think is referred to in Keith
Lowe's original post. There are trails that continue north, past Fish
Hawk Nest River, past MacKay Lake, eventually to join up with Old
Guysbourough Road that runs east from #102 behind the airport. There are
trails on both sides of West Brook, which flows south into Porter's Lake.

cheers,
Bob Lindsay
Dartmouth

On 18/05/2015 3:45 PM, Jim Wolford wrote:
> I sent this on purpose to the list for the sake of others outside the
> Metro area — “the end of Myra Rd” gives no idea of even the County or
> Province — please give more thought to locational info’, just a bit?
>  Thanks from just Jim in Wolfville.
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> *From: *Keith Lowe <mythos25@live.com <mailto:mythos25@live.com>>
>> *Subject: **[NatureNS] I went on quite a woodlands birding outing today*
>> *Date: *May 16, 2015 at 9:18:34 PM ADT
>> *To: *naturens@chebucto.ns.ca <mailto:naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
>>
>> I went on a woodlands trek at the end of Myra Rd today with Chris &
>> Kate and wow it was unbelievable. The numbers of some of species was
>> well beyond anything I thought possible around her these days. I
>> don’t what the final tally of Black-throated Green and Blackburnian
>> were and I won’t quote the number of them I think we passed because
>> many wouldn’t believe it. Our checklist will have considerably less
>> because we were counting conservatively by making sure we were well
>> passed the ones we just counted before we counted more and I know we
>> missed many doing that but it is the best that can be done when they
>> are that plentiful…..
>>
>> Keith Lowe

--Boundary_(ID_tinfzjb379aFCFYkew5HWw)

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
    Recently I searched for "Myra Road" on Google maps, and found only
    one, which is the one I've been acquainted as far back as a
    quarter-century ago when took my Scout Troop hiking and camping
    there. There isn't even a road of that name in Cape Breton
    associated with Mira River. <br>
    Myra Road goes north from Hwy. #7 (not the 107) and roughly follows
    the western side of Porter's Lake, east of Dartmouth. The beginning
    is on your left as you approach the community of Porter's Lake from
    the west. <br>
    Before you reach the end of Myra Road, you can see an entry point
    for the Crowbar Lake Trail System on your left. But what is perhaps
    more intriguing is the woodland trek that I think is referred to in
    Keith Lowe's original post. There are trails that continue north,
    past Fish Hawk Nest River, past MacKay Lake, eventually to join up
    with Old Guysbourough Road that runs east from #102 behind the
    airport. There are trails on both sides of West Brook, which flows
    south into Porter's Lake.<br>
    cheers, <br>
    Bob Lindsay<br>
    Dartmouth<br>
      wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:05A4C6ED-7497-4C77-ABF5-BF714AA111A1@eastlink.ca"
      type="cite">
        charset=windows-1252">
      I sent this on purpose to the list for the sake of others outside
      the Metro area — “the end of Myra Rd” gives no idea of even the
      County or Province — please give more thought to locational info’,
      just a bit?  Thanks from just Jim in Wolfville.<br>
            0px; margin-left: 0px;"><span
              style="font-family:'Helvetica'; color:rgba(0, 0, 0, 1.0);"><b>From:
              Lowe &lt;<a moz-do-not-send="true"
                href="mailto:mythos25@live.com">mythos25@live.com</a>&gt;<br>
            0px; margin-left: 0px;"><span
              style="font-family:'Helvetica'; color:rgba(0, 0, 0, 1.0);"><b>Subject:
                I went on quite a woodlands birding outing today</b><br>
            0px; margin-left: 0px;"><span
              style="font-family:'Helvetica'; color:rgba(0, 0, 0, 1.0);"><b>Date:
              2015 at 9:18:34 PM ADT<br>
            0px; margin-left: 0px;"><span
              style="font-family:'Helvetica'; color:rgba(0, 0, 0, 1.0);"><b>To:
                moz-do-not-send="true"
                href="mailto:naturens@chebucto.ns.ca">naturens@chebucto.ns.ca</a><br>
            0px; margin-left: 0px;"><span
              style="font-family:'Helvetica'; color:rgba(0, 0, 0, 1.0);"><b>Reply-To:
                moz-do-not-send="true"
                href="mailto:naturens@chebucto.ns.ca">naturens@chebucto.ns.ca</a><br>
              Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal;
              font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing:
              normal; line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align:
              start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none;
              white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px;
              -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" lang="EN-CA">
                  font-family: Calibri, sans-serif;">I went on a
                  woodlands trek at the end of Myra Rd today with Chris
                  &amp; Kate and wow it was unbelievable. The numbers of
                  some of species was well beyond anything I thought
                  possible around her these days. I don’t what the final
                  tally of Black-throated Green and Blackburnian were
                  and I won’t quote the number of them I think we passed
                  because many wouldn’t believe it. Our checklist will
                  have considerably less because we were counting
                  conservatively by making sure we were well passed the
                  ones we just counted before we counted more and I know
                  we missed many doing that but it is the best that can
                  be done when they are that plentiful…..<o:p></o:p></div>
                  font-family: Calibri, sans-serif;"><br>
                  font-family: Calibri, sans-serif;">Keith Lowe</div>

--Boundary_(ID_tinfzjb379aFCFYkew5HWw)--