[NatureNS] picaridin redux

From: "Hebda, Andrew J" <Andrew.Hebda@novascotia.ca>
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2015 15:04:31 +0000

The active ingredient appears to have been reviewed and approved in Canada under the name Icardin  _http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/cps-spc/pubs/pest/_decisions/rd2012-05/index-eng.php

_______________________________________
From: naturens-owner@chebucto.ns.ca [naturens-owner@chebucto.ns.ca] on behalf of Jane&Dave Schlosberg [dschlosb-g@ns.sympatico.ca]
Sent: May-23-15 11:31 AM
To: NatureNS
Subject: [NatureNS] picaridin redux

Nobody commented on my request for information on picaridin, but a further search (picaridin canada) yielded the information that it is not yet approved in Canada.  I think this product sounds very interesting, especially with the rise in the number of black-legged ticks in the Province.  Amazon.ca lists it, in Sawyer Premium Insect Repellant.
By the way, the ad says:
Will not harm gear and equipment
Application effective up to 8 hours
20% Picaridin Spray
Picaridin is more effective at repelling biting flies than deet
This product is picaridin is virtually odorless; it has a mild citrus scent added to it which quickly evaporates away