[NatureNS] Branded Gray Seal info

From: nancy dowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 17:21:42 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Not sure exactly what "branding" is in this program and not sure if I really want to know. But it sounds a bit cruel. Animal researchers are usually held to higher standards, even for presumed pest species. Whatever one's opinion is on the seal hunt, It seems more humane to club/shoot a seal pup than burn it in the interests of science.

Just my two cents, Nancy