[NatureNS] Cape Breton Highlands Natural Park - War Memorial

From: John and Nhung <nhungjohn@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2015 17:23:04 -0300

Fully agree with your comment Steve and have opined on the website.

Big issue for me is that this may be the start of a slippery slope re.
priority management values for national parks, and therefore needs to be
nipped in the bud.

If the must build this thing, they should do it somewhere else.

I saw one comment about using the money to make Sambro Island a national
park.  Then it occurred to me that the last sight of Canada a lot of
soldiers would have had would have been Sambro Island Light, which already
has major historical significance.  Why couldn’t the light serve the purpose
of that monument?