[NatureNS] wind..Chimney Swifts new Glasgow.

From: Ken McKenna <kenmcken@eastlink.ca>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2015 22:07:17 -0300
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

Hi Randy and all
It was really windy here tonight- 25 k/h gusts to 45 and very windy all day today in this part of Pictou co.
I decided to do a swift tally tonight at Temperance St. as it has been a few nights since last count but I was unsure if the wind would have them going into the roost chimney early. Temp 17C and skies mostly clear
The first bird entered alone at 2106 but most entered 2117-2119 with stragglers to 2130.
I had someone come to talk to me when I was counting and I am not sure if I got the hundreds right. So final total 391 but there is a small chance it was 491.
Cheers
Ken
Ken McKenna
Box 218