[NatureNS] Skippers

From: Ken McKenna <kenmcken@eastlink.ca>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2015 17:14:24 -0300
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

Hi Paul
The flight times on the maritime butterfly atlas page give Hobomok and Long Dash as the most encountered skippers at this point in the calendar. Others are also out now. Closest I have had to a skipper yet is a couple Dreamy Duskywings but I have just not been seeing a lot of butterflies yet other than both Tiger and Black Swallowtails and cabbage Whites with a sprinkling of a handful of others.

Must be satisfying to see all these at your flowers. You paint a nice visual.
Wikipedia lists flutter or swarm as a collective name for butterflies.

Cheers
Ken
Sent from my iPad