See a lot by looking: Re: [NatureNS] Queen Bee

From: David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 19:57:22 -0300

Hi Steve & All,                            July 6, 2015
    I didn't intend to limit the concept of suitable magnification, so
something can be seen clearly, to images. Images are great for recording
color which usually fades in a voucher but, to see an insect in detail,
there is no subtitute for a mounted voucher so it, or select parts, can be
viewed from a number of angles. And when applicable, viewed on a number of
occasions.
    One can buy a fairly expensive gizmo for holding vouchers at any desired
angle or make a good one, mostly from scrap material, for next to nothing.
    To quote Brules & Melander (Preface to the1932 edition of Classification
of Insects) "...nor can any comprehension of the infinite variety of nature
be acquired except by close observational contact with the things
themselves."

YT, Dave Webster, Kentville