[NatureNS] Shorebird Cove

Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2015 11:07:22 -0300
From: Paul Murray <pwmurray.murray911@gmail.com>
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--&gt;&lt;/style&gt;&lt;!--[if gte ms
--089e01419f6861455e051a5da871

Shorebird Cove - 3 Fathom Harbour:

Is accessed via a private lane from 3 Fathom Harbour Road to the "cove".  I
believe the property is owned by Suzanne Myers, a NS Bird Society member, I
think.  Anyway, the lane is located about half-way along the 3 Fathom
Harbour Road which can currently only be accessed from the eastern end due
to construction on the road a civic site #95.  The lane is barricaded by a
two rail gate which you are able to walk around.   Suzanne has told me that
she does not want the gate opened for access via auto-mobile but walking
down the lane was OK. I assume the permission remains, although I have not
talked to her about it for some time.   At the cove, there is a cut grass
pathway along the edge and a makeshift bench to sit on.  Observation is
best if timed with either side of low tide.

Paul Murray
Dartmouth

On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 10:31 AM, John Kearney <john.kearney@ns.sympatico.ca=

wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I=E2=80=99m surprised and somewhat uncomfortable with the fact that no on=
e has
> answered the questions about the location of Shorebird Cove. I haven=E2=
=80=99t
> found any maps using that name for any topographical feature in the area =
of
> Three-Fathom Harbour. Is it a name that only birders use?
>
> Thanks,
>
> John

ccessed via a private lane from 3 Fathom Harbour Road to the &quot;cove&quo=
t;.=C2=A0 I believe the property is owned by Suzanne Myers, a NS Bird Socie=
ty member, I think.=C2=A0 Anyway, the lane is located about half-way along =
the 3 Fathom Harbour Road which can currently only be accessed from the eas=
tern end due to construction on the road a civic site #95.=C2=A0 The lane i=
s barricaded by a two rail gate which you are able to walk around. =C2=A0 S=
uzanne has told me that she does not want the gate opened for access via au=
to-mobile but walking down the lane was OK. I assume the permission remains=
, although I have not talked to her about it for some time. =C2=A0 At the c=
ove, there is a cut grass pathway along the edge and a makeshift bench to s=
it on.=C2=A0 Observation is best if timed with either side of low tide.</di=
=3D"gmail_extra"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at