[NatureNS] dead moth?

From: Randy Lauff <randy.lauff@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 09:37:19 -0300
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--001a113ecfce099b75051bda9f1b

All

Last week, on the side of the building where I work, I saw a moth which was
new to me. I went in to get a jar and as I was collecting it, noticed that
it was stiff, not moving, desiccated...dead. Before I could pin it
correctly, I had to rehydrate it (dried insects will crumble when a pin is
stuck through them). So, I wadded up some wet paper towel, and put it in a
jar. I put the moth on a plastic tray on the towel. The next day, the moth
was off the tray and moving. I'm perplexed.

Anyway, here's a picture of it...can anyone ID it?

     http://people.stfx.ca/rlauff/personel/IMG_1384.jpg

Thanks,
Randy
_________________________________
RF Lauff
Way in the boonies of
Antigonish County, NS.

--001a113ecfce099b75051bda9f1b

ing where I work, I saw a moth which was new to me. I went in to get a jar =
and as I was collecting it, noticed that it was stiff, not moving, desiccat=
ed...dead. Before I could pin it correctly, I had to rehydrate it (dried in=
sects will crumble when a pin is stuck through them). So, I wadded up some =
wet paper towel, and put it in a jar. I put the moth on a plastic tray on t=
he towel. The next day, the moth was off the tray and moving. I&#39;m perpl=
eople.stfx.ca/rlauff/personel/IMG_1384.jpg">http://people.stfx.ca/rlauff/pe=
.</div></div>

--001a113ecfce099b75051bda9f1b--