[NatureNS] Leucistic Hummingbird

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 20:03:36 -0300

I think I may have a leucistic  Hummingbird. I have been trying to get
photos but I have been so busy trying to get ready for a show I just haven't
time to sit and wait. The half dozen times  I have seen it, it flies in to
try to feed (at the feeder right outside my studio window).

It is a double paned one and very dirty in an attempt to avoid window
strikes.
The other birds chase it away, not just from the food but out of the yard. I
suppose it could be ill? I don't know.

It strikes me as being very lean. It isn't white but blotchy grayish white.
Steve said piebald comes to mind.

best regards
Marg in White Point Queens, July 27/15

Marg Millard
19 White Point 2 Rd.,
White Point, Queens Co.,
R.R. # 1 Hunts Point,
Nova Scotia , Canada
Facebook: White Point Artist, Marg Millard
MargMillard.ca
B0T 1G0 (902)683-2393