[NatureNS] Pluto

From: David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: NatureNS@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 20:09:27 -0300

Dear All & especially Astronomy fans,                    July 27, 2015
    While going through old National Geographic Magazines I came across a
reproduction of Clyde W. Tombaugh's plate which led to his discovery of
Pluto (N.G. 138 (Aug 1970):191).

    On this plate, Pluto is just a tiny dot but what caught my eye was a
haze-free field concentric around a star (Delta Geminorum) and with a crisp
perimeter encased in a relatively wide haze halo that gradually fades to
background.

    I am wondering if this is some kind of artifact. If so how does it come
about ? And if not what does it represent ?

    If anyone is prepared to look at this file let me know.

    Also is it legal to post copyrighted images, such as this, on internet
sites without authorization ?

Yt, Dave Webster, Kentville

    I have this image in a PDF file (only 555 kb) but am wary, for copyright
reasons, of posting it on Flickr.