[NatureNS] BLACK CAPPED CHICKADEES

From: Barbara & Pat <barpat@eastlink.ca>
To: NATURENS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2015 17:38:31 -0300

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01D0DDCA.8722EE10

In Springhill this weekend we learned that a property
which, for many years, was visited by a significant number of =
Black-capped Chickadees(BCC) on a daily basis,
has had few or no BCC=E2=80=99s this year.  For example, in the past, =
they often added Black Oil Sunflower seeds
to their feeders daily. This year they have not had to refill their =
feeders.  Although they did experiment with=20
Black-oil Sunflower seeds from different sources, the number of BCC =
visits remained well below their previous experience.
They are confident in the quality of the seeds offered. =20

In Kingston, although BCC=E2=80=99s  are regularly here, we have not had =
as many as we have had in previous years.

If others have had a similar experience this year, or have an =
explanation, please let us know.
Thank you. Barbara and Pat
------=_NextPart_000_0009_01D0DDCA.8722EE10

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY dir=3Dltr>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; COLOR: #000000">
<DIV><STRONG>In Springhill this weekend we learned that a=20
property</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>which, for many years, was visited by a significant number =
of=20
Black-capped Chickadees(BCC) on a daily basis,</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>has had few or no BCC=E2=80=99s this year.&nbsp; =
Fo</STRONG><STRONG>r=20
example, in the past, they often added Black Oil Sunflower =
seeds</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>to their feeders daily. This year they have not had to =
refill their=20
feeders.&nbsp; Although they did experiment with </STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>Black-oil Sunflower seeds from different sources, the =
number of BCC=20
visits remained well below their previous experience.</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>They are confident in the quality of the seeds =
offered.&nbsp;=20
</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG></STRONG>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>In Kingston, although BCC=E2=80=99s&nbsp; are regularly =
here, we have not=20
had as many as we have had in previous years.</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG></STRONG>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>If others have had a similar experience this year, or have =
an=20
explanation, please let us know.</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>Thank you. Barbara and =
Pat</STRONG></DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01D0DDCA.8722EE10--