[NatureNS] Re: Singing Song Sparrow

From: Andrew Stadnyk <Andrew.Stadnyk@Dal.Ca>
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2015 22:45:31 +0000

I had a song sparrow "warbling" in my yard today. I first thought it was a Purple Finch, which I have in my yard periodically.  It was not the usual song, something the sun brought out?

Also, this morning I was lamenting that I have not yet had a White-throated Sparrow visit.  Every fall, one or two stop by.  Surprise, it was here in time for supper! Sure would be neat to know if it is the same bird returning each year.

Cheers,
Andy Stadnyk
Lower Sackville