[NatureNS] White Point, Queens birds

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 09:39:30 -0400

It is relatively quiet here where the birds are concerned. We have a
smattering of Chickadees, a hairy woodpecker female, sparrows various,
mostly Song and White Throats. The Swamp sparrow is still close by showing
up now and again. There are Blue Jays two Grackles a few Starlings, one with
just one leg, and Mourning Doves. Quite  few Mourning Doves, 38 last head
count.
There are few big crows around. I see them doing aerial maneuvers from time
to time. There have been two Ravens as well that patrol regularly
The treat yesterday was a visit to the grapevine by two orioles. I was on
the phone at the time and couldn't get a photo. I hope they'll be back again
today. I expect that is what Steve was trying to describe the other day.
Chipmunk is still coming to the feeder everyday. I was interested to see it
handle pushy Blue jays the other day. It lowered its head and pointedly
mowed them right off the feeder!
Marg Millard
19 White Point 2 Rd., White Point, Queens Co.,
R.R. # 1 Hunts Point,
Nova Scotia , Canada
(902) 683-2393 MargMillard.ca
Facebook: White Point Artist, Marg Millard.