[NatureNS] White Point, Queens birds

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 11:55:01 -0300

I was delighted to have a visit from a very dapper Chipping Sparrow this
morning whilst I sat on the steps with my tea. So many birds passing
through. More hummingbirds, more than usual numbers of finches both American
Gold and Purples. There are several of the swallow houses occupied but I am
uncertain as to who is where just yet. Chickadees moved into the apple tree
house, a Nuthatch staked out the grapevine house and several swallows are
fighting over the barn house. I am trying to figure what it is that makes
whatever is in that location the most popular. Might be sightline, I
suppose. I tried to have them all facing the same direction but some got
repositioned when Steve over hauled them. Grackles are incubating, Robins
seem to be chatting so maybe young in that nest. Raven is watching all the
nests nearby.
What a great day it is.  enjoy. Marg

Marg Millard
19 White Point 2 Rd., White Point, Queens Co.,
R.R. # 1 Hunts Point,
Nova Scotia , Canada
(902) 683-2393 MargMillard.ca
Facebook: White Point Artist, Marg Millard.