[NatureNS] sparrows

To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: pce@accesswave.ca
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 10:33:34 -0400

            &lt;DIV

--Boundary_(ID_djdDzdz8ox7S/09VdhlJ0Q)

There used to be a colony of house sparrows in the Barberry hedge at the
corner of Thistle Street and Victoria Road in Dartmouth - you could hear
and see them while waiting for the traffic light. I don't believe that
they are still there.

When I was a child living on Summit Street in Dartmouth, we had a colony
living in the ventilation louvers in our house. Noisy scuffling and
cheeping at all hours. The louvers were stuffed with untidy nesting
material. The local environment (food sources etc.) doesn't seem to have
changed much since then, but although the house is still there, the
house sparrows are long gone.

Peter Payzant

On 2015-11-20 9:45 AM, Dave&Jane Schlosberg wrote:
> I’m in downtown Dartmouth.
> Twenty years ago I had oodles of them year round.
> For the last five years, never a one.
> Dave S...

  <head>
  </head>
    There used to be a colony of house sparrows in the Barberry hedge at
    the corner of Thistle Street and Victoria Road in Dartmouth - you
    could hear and see them while waiting for the traffic light. I don't
    believe that they are still there.<br>
    When I was a child living on Summit Street in Dartmouth, we had a
    colony living in the ventilation louvers in our house. Noisy
    scuffling and cheeping at all hours. The louvers were stuffed with
    untidy nesting material. The local environment (food sources etc.)
    doesn't seem to have changed much since then, but although the house
    is still there, the house sparrows are long gone.<br>
    Peter Payzant<br>
      Schlosberg wrote:<br>
      type="cite">
          #000000">
            FONT-FAMILY: &quot;Calibri&quot;; FONT-WEIGHT: normal;
            COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; DISPLAY: inline">
                    moz-do-not-send="true"
                    title="rita.paul@ns.sympatico.ca"
                    href="mailto:rita.paul@ns.sympatico.ca">rita.paul@ns.sympatico.ca
                    title="naturens@chebucto.ns.ca"