[NatureNS] Insect decline

Received-SPF: pass (kirk.glinx.com: authenticated connection) receiver=kirk.glinx.com; client-ip=208.103.231.4; helo=D58WQPH1; envelope-from=dwebster@glinx.com; x-software=spfmilter 2.001 http://www.acme.com/software/spfmilter/ with libspf2-1.2.10;
From: "David & Alison Webster" <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2015 19:52:56 -0400

Hi Fred & All,
    Sounds good Fred. Perhaps the message and the practice will eventually
reach a wider following. If half of the lawn area in any region were managed
in this way then we might see some recovery not only of insects but possibly
of Nighthawks and Swifts; especially if people stopped using bug zappers and
the like. I suspect that insecticides, unfortunately, are still used on many
lawns but have no figures to go on.
Yt, Dave Webster, Kentville