[NatureNS] NatureNS list update

To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
From: Doug Linzey <naturens-owner@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2016 10:34:24 -0400

As administrator of this e-mail forum, I am aware of some recent
frustration regarding ability to post lists (particularly bird
observation records) because of file size limitations. Historically,
we've kept the allowable character count relatively low, mainly for the
benefit of subscribers with limited computer and bandwidth resources,
and to enforce some concision on the part of posters.

The main problem this has spawned lately is an inability to post
columns/tables because the underlying html code involves a high
character count, even though the number of actual characters on screen
is reasonable. With that in mind, I've increased the allowable character
count by 50%, so more of these posts should make it through.

The Chebucto Majordomo list server still rejects posts containing links
with "(dot)php" in the URL, so keep this in mind if your posts are not
appearing. It also rejects posts with a blank subject line or with the
word "help" in the subject line.

Meanwhile, I've approved a couple of olderhigh-character-countmessages
in the ongoing and important discussion on Nova Scotia forest health.

A Happy New Year to all,
Doug

--
Doug Linzey