[NatureNS] re Red Herring & Forestry

Received-SPF: pass (kirk.glinx.com: authenticated connection) receiver=kirk.glinx.com; client-ip=208.103.231.40; helo=D58WQPH1; envelope-from=dwebster@glinx.com; x-software=spfmilter 2.001 http://www.acme.com/software/spfmilter/ with libspf2-1.2.10;
From: "David & Alison Webster" <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: <NatureNS@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2016 20:18:06 -0400

Dear All,                            Jan 10, 2016
    Returning hopefully to where this all started, can anyone refresh the
screen on current biomass harvesting practices; which is used and which
predominates (1)stem only, (2) stem+ branches, leaves shed (Full tree brown)
or (3) stem+ branches + leaves (Full tree green) ?

    I recently had a look at a 247 page Masters Thesis (Noseworthy); many
variates, many equations and most of these are interdependent. Unless I can
arrange for a second life I will never find time to plow through all of it
and grasp the model fully.  So I have to trust that the hundreds of
researchers who developed the model over 35 (?) years are not seriously in
error and just concentrate on findings in this Thesis.

    Knowing current practices will be a help.

Yt, Dave Webster, Kentville